Monday, August 27, 2018

Slap Dang Nuthin'--Retirement Trip Day 9

What we did today was slap dang nuthin'. I worked on yesterday's blog post and finished my Margaret Maron mystery and that was about it. We were both whupped from all our many adventures and decided to take a time out.

Our campground is in Rockwood Park, designed by the same architect as New York's Central Park and the second largest city park in Canada. There is a lake with a pavilion and restaurant near the campground entrance and we finally roused ourselves to have a lakeside supper there. I have included the napkin holder in the picture which describes how the restaurant is non-profit and benefits the park.

Outside the pavilion is this sundial sculpture which reads, "Honor the dead, fight for the living" in honor and memory of all the workers injured or killed at work building the nation. I could not help but think of Greg and wonder where his memorial is. There's a lot to like about Canada.

Ben is building a campfire. I intend to enjoy a non-alcoholic beer and head to bed. Starting to feel like vacation. I could live like this...

No comments:

Post a Comment