Monday, June 6, 2016

RVing Women



So I've joined a couple of RV clubs, one is the Fiberglass RV club and one is a women's club, RVing Women. Most of their membership is in the southwest but a North Carolina member proposed a gathering of women from NC and VA at her private RV park near Blounts Creek, NC. Sounded like just the trip for me and Jessie. 

As it turned out, 25 women initially responded but all of them but us bailed. So our hostess decided to just invite a group of her local women friends over for the weekend but invited us to join them. I really didn't want to crash their party and almost backed out, but am so glad I didn't. 

I had no idea the park was right on Blount's Creek. She advertises by word of mouth only as the park is right at their home and she wants to be comfortable with who is staying, but I am tickled now to know about the place and hope to return. There are half a dozen hookups and several tiny cottages. She has kayaks available to explore the creek and a lovely dock.


Jessie and I explored Washington in the morning and points east in the afternoon when thunderstorms threatened a kayak outing. My friend, LaNelle, recommended a wonderful local seafood place with outside, dog-friendly seating, which we totally enjoyed until the dog slipped his harness and the waitress cleared our unfinished food before we got him back. That evening we were invited to join the evening bonfire. The gathered friends had obviously known each other a long time. The laughter and stories were a delight. I look forward to camping with these women again, and exploring the creek.


Again, the trailer has provided an opportunity for a good time we would otherwise not have had, to see new parts of North Carolina and meet some lovely folks. I've got a kayak rack on the truck now, we will be back.



No comments:

Post a Comment